Sunday, November 21, 2010

Since last week's episode.....

I know, I know.  A whole week since I blogged last.  The birth control I started myself on has been doing wonders for my PCOS, I've only slightly hurt in my ovaries since I started it about 2 weeks ago.  The only bad thing that I can honestly complain about is the unbearable nausea.  That's the only major side effect that I can complain about.  The hubster mentioned that I may be pregnant, but I reminded him that nausea is one of the biggie side effects of the particular birthcontrol that I am on.  So, hopefully I'm not pregnant. 

Today's weather has been remarkably warm.  It was in the 70's today!  I was in the bedroom watching television today since I wasn't feeling all that great, and I was literally sweating.  Ugh.  So much so that I had to go and take myself a shower.  Which I had to dig around for one of my old ratty shirts....speaking of which, laundry day is tomorow.  It's sad to say, but I dread it.  We don't have a washer/dryer hookup (or even a washer/dryer in our shoebox apartment for that matter) so I have to go to my mother's house to do the laundry.  Which is great, I get to go there and do laundry for free and visit with my mother while I'm doing that-but the only downside is that it makes me a nervous wreck to do it.  Seriously.  I love my mother with all my heart and soul, but man-it seems like she always has something to say about our financial situation.  Yes, we are having it rough right now, but daggone.  It's not all the time, and she don't come right out and say it, but she has a backhanded way of saying it.  "It's something you can't afford to go to the laundromat to do your laundry."  "That shirt has a hole in it!  You should go get a new one.  Oops, I forgot, you don't have the money to do that.".  It's horrible.  It seems like if we were sitting here millionaires, she'd always be nice.  It's like she's two faced or something-mean while we're poor as church mice, but if we was rich, she'd be our best friends.  It's not so much she's mean to me-she just makes it clear that she doesn't like my husband.  I don't know why.  My husband has done absolutely nothing to her, and has always been so darn respectful to her.  Even when my husband was working, she had bad stuff to say about him.  She won't say it directly to him, she'd say it to me and get me all upset and crying-then have the guts to say "don't tell your husband".  Wtf?  Don't tell him?  I'll be darned if I don't.  She hasn't even met my precious mother in law yet.  She always puts her down as well.  And she's never met the woman!  My mother in law treats me better than my own mother does, and that's sad.  My dad, on the other hand, absolutely loves and respects my husband-and never brings up our financial situation.  I dunno.  I know the Bible says to honor your mom and dad, and I do.  It just aggravates me how much my mom just talks about my husband when she doesn't even know him the way that I do-and she doesn't even know him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment